Thursday, February 21, 2013

Movie Monster Sketch Cards

My recent blog on Abbott and Costello Meet Frankenstein inspired me to share some original monster/villain sketch cards done by talented husband David. I decided to choose characters from the fabulous forties in keeping with the spirit of our blogathon. I hope you enjoy them!

The first card is Boris Karloff as Mr. Hyde in Abbott and Costello Meet Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde.


The second card is Bela Lugosi as Dracula from Abbott and Costello Meet Frankenstein.



The third card is Lon Chaney Jr. as The Wolf Man.


The fourth card is Rondo Hatton as The Creeper.




The fifth card is Gale Sondergaard as The Spider Woman.



8 comments:

  1. These drawing are amazing, my favorite two are:

    Bela Lugosi, as Dracula.

    Gale Sondergaard, as The Spider Woman.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dawn! It's hard to believe that he can get so much detail on 2.5 x 3.5 in card

      Delete
  2. These are fantastic! At first I thought they were reproductions of cards from the era. Your hubby is talented, indeed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for noticing how he tried to capture the era. He LOVES doing these and I will try to post more.

      Delete
  3. Always enjoy seeing David's work! I think my favorite here is The Creeper -- makes me shudder!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Becky! You've been there supporting David's efforts for awhile and we appreciate it! Hope you're well!

      Delete
  4. Excellent drawings! I don't know that I can pick a favorite, but Bela as Dracula really stands out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Eve. David loves his subjects so he works hard to give them life.

      Delete